Saturday, March 9, 2024

Spring Forward

I have already sprung forward so in my little corner of the world it's 10:51pm. I've been staying up until 11pm the last few nights so this stupid time change shouldn't bother me at all, right? She says hopefully.


I was surprised by a dusting of snow when I opened the shade this morning. It didn't last long but it never really warmed up much above 40 degrees all day.



I did decide that it was warm enough to grill out though.  Since it was sunny in the morning I fired up the Weber before noon and slapped the 6 lbs. of boneless chicken breasts that I'd marinated for a full day on the grill and cooked them up.


I cut them in half so I have 12 lovely pieces of marinated and grilled chicken to have for supper for the next 11 nights. I had a piece for supper tonight and it was done to perfection. I bought some frozen broccoli to have with it so I'm good since I've fallen down on the WW lately. I have got to get back on track or I'll be more of a disappointment to myself than I already am.



Today's Daily Practice turned out better than I thought it would. I went slowly and stopped painting when I had it the way I wanted it and didn't goof it up by trying to "fix" it like I usually do.


Here's today's Gratitude Journal page. I'm happy with the way the Weber turned out and, to be honest, I'm happy with the way it all turned out. I had trouble thinking of four things (that I could draw) but I managed in the end.


While the coals were getting hot I zipped up to the bank with the leftover checks from the closed checking account because the Customer Service lady told me that they'd shred them for me. I was glad since I didn't relish sitting on the floor and filling up my shredder putting them through a few at a time. As I was leaving a woman coming in said, "How are you doing, Barb?" Um, I looked at her and didn't recognize her but she identified herself as Judy from down the block around the corner so we had a little visit. How did she remember me? We've only met twice and that was years ago.

I spent most of the afternoon going through my manuscript, changing words, adding a sentence here and there, and hopefully making it better. I did manage to avoid folding the basket of laundry. I have to get to it soon because I'm dipping into it for undies every morning. It's time to fold. Tomorrow for sure.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

One clock down and all the rest to go. I hate DST but I say that every year and don't know why. I'll be used to it within a day or two.