Friday, March 1, 2024

But I Didn't Get A Picture

I was so excited to see two Red-Winged Blackbirds land on the crooks this morning but they didn't stay long enough for me to take their picture. Only one other time did they come to the birdbath and that time I got a picture but not today. That's okay. I like seeing them in the ditches along the roads. They perch on top of the reeds and enliven the roadsides.


Today I looked at the tiny flower studies I painted yesterday and picked out one to make into a big picture. I like the way it turned out and I like that I didn't copy what the teacher did but made my own painting.



I managed to draw a Red-Winged Blackbird on my gratitude journal page and added my haircut, my painting, and the sunny and warmer day. It got up to 50 degrees today and is supposed to get to near 60 tomorrow. Maybe I'll spend some time outside tomorrow. If it's sunny.


Tonight at Friday Night Knitting I worked on the Cashmere Sophie scarf and added a couple inches from yarn ball #5. It's slowly (very slowly) getting narrower. It takes a long time to make a visible change since I only decrease on every eighth row but I'll get there. (the orange marker is to remind me which is the right side so I don't lose count of my rows)


I got a haircut today. My stylist contacted me in midweek to reschedule last week's missed appointment. I was glad. Then I went to the grocery to get ingredients for the Olive & Nut Spread I want to make to take to knitting on Wednesday at KE's house. I was happy to find a small jar of salad olives so I didn't have a bunch left over from making a half batch. I'm excited to make it. It's been years since I've made it and it's one of my faves, salty and nutty and creamy. Great on crackers. It'll be difficult not to nibble away at it before Wednesday but I'll be strong.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

You may have my portion of your olive and nut spread. Olives aren't one of my favorites. I love the tiny duplication of your painting added to your Gratitude Journal for yesterday. Hope it stays warm and sunny for you today.