Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Blustery!

That was the word for today. And the wind was cold out of the north. I went down to Zambaldi Beer this morning to visit with DS and only put on a fleece-lined vest. That was a mistake. I had to stop for gas on the way home which meant that I stood out in the wind while the tank filled. And I moved things around in the wayback of my vehicle so that DS could pile in all of the food donations for the local food pantry. See last weekend they had their annual chili cook-off and people are invited to come to sample and judge the chili. They ask them to bring either a non-perishable food item or make a cash donation for a local food pantry. I volunteer to deliver the food and $$ to the food pantry since I don't have a job and they're running around like crazy just to get through their days. There was barely enough room for all of the food donations in the back of my HHR but DS managed to cram it all in.



The Red-Bellied Woodpecker was back today and I got an excellent, in focus picture of him. Finally. I try to take my time when I snap a picture but so often I rush because the birds don't stay long and seldom hold still.


The daffodils and hyacinths are popping up taller every day. They evidently don't taste good to rabbits because they're not gnawed off like the crocuses are.



And the tulips and daffodils nearby are doing well too. So far the rabbits haven't nibbled off the tulips but I suspect that it's only a matter of time.


Today's Daily Practice was a page of leaves. I'm not as thrilled with these as I was with yesterday's leaves but every day can't be a winner.



I forgot about the Red-Bellied Woodpecker when I was making today's Gratitude Journal page but I managed to fill it up. I especially like the windy cloud and the car wash pictures. I got to pick up LC after school today and we went to the car wash on our way home. It was great to get to spend a little time with LC alone. And the car wash had green and purple suds!


Tonight was Writer's Guild and we had an editor Zoom in from Louisiana to talk about writing hook sentences. It was very informative. Hooks are the way authors entice readers to read their books. They are something I struggle with. I tend to give away too much.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Nice to have a little time with LC and with DS at the brewery. Great picture of the woodpecker. Sounds like he's going to be a regular visitor.