Saturday, March 2, 2024

Gotta Wait 2 Days, Well, Almost 4

I gathered up the ingredients yesterday and when I got home this afternoon I made the Olive & Nut Spread. I confess that there was a little of it that didn't fit into the jar so I had to get out some crackers and eat it. I know that it says in the recipe to let it stand in the fridge for at least 24 hours and that 48 hours is better but it's pretty darned tasty when it's freshly made. I promise to leave it alone until I take it to knitting on Wednesday night. Cross my heart.

 


Today's daily practice was to make a no-peek drawing of a plant and then make a watercolor of the same plant but this time looking at what you're doing. It's okay. Not as colorful and impressive as the floral painting yesterday but since it's the first day of a week of plants we had to start simple.


I got to take LC and OJ to a park this afternoon to play with school friends so I sat on a bench and cast on a dishcloth while they played. I didn't get as much knitted as I thought I would. It wasn't as warm in the park next to the river as I'd hoped so I was glad that I wore my fleece-lined vest. The riverbank was an irresistible lure to the kids, especially OJ. What little boy doesn't like skipping stones and picking up sticks and tossing rocks into the water?



After supper I sat down and wrote the Gratitude Journal page for today. Once again it was sunny and breezy so that was first on the page. Then I got the watercolor paper and one tube of paint that I ordered last week so that went on there. The afternoon at the park was next and I wrapped up the page with the new dishcloth I cast on.  Some days it's easier to fill up the page than others. Today I had to stop and think of what to put on.


I tried to change the way Rose reacts to things in the beginning of the manuscript today and failed miserably. My major problem is that I like the story the way it is but I understand the need to ramp up the stakes. I just don't seem to be able to DO it. I sat with a notebook and brainstormed some ideas but when I looked at it I realized that everything I wrote down is something that happens to Rose, not something that she has to change about herself. Sometimes I don't think I'll never get it.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Your afternoon at the park by the river sounds lovely. Nice to watch your little guy doing little guy stuff.