Wednesday, March 27, 2024

LIsten To This

I got an email from my audiobook narrator that she had finished recording
Better Than Mom's
and it was time for me to listen to it from start to finish and make note of anything that needs correcting. So that's what I did most of the day. I'm reading along in a paper copy and making notes. It'll take me a couple more days, maybe the weekend, to finish listening, then I'll send her the corrections, she'll fix things and then send it back for another listen, and when I approve it, it'll go to ACX to be vetted. Once that happens in about 2 weeks, it'll be available on Audible and Amazon.



This morning I went out and filled the bird feeders (man, that wind was cold!) and it didn't take the birdies long to show up. I got a picture of a Downy Woodpecker on the suet cakes. Lots of Sparrows and Mourning Doves and House Finches were around too. And a trio of rabbits were playing chase games across the patio all the time I was eating lunch. Crazy.


The next watercolor in the book was flowers. I still don't have the movement of the brush down. My petals are a whole lot thinner than hers. I tried to move the brush the way she described but I must be doing something wrong. I like the colors and the shapes, they're just not the way hers look and I want to figure that out. Okay, I just got smart and searched the author's name on YouTube and she has a tutorial that shows her painting a flower that I can watch over and over. That should help lower my frustration level.



Tonight I pulled out a small stack of drawing and painting books that I won't be using again to take over to the Book Stop used bookstore. When I was in there last week I asked if she had any drawing or painting books and she said she didn't have any so I said I could probably bring some. Anyway, I pulled out Drawing Cute and drew and colored fries and a burger. I'm keeping that book because I enjoy drawing those little figures. They're so cute!


One of the chores I put on my Bullet Journal page yesterday and today was "fold sheets." I've had sheets in the dryer for a couple weeks and haven't managed to get down there to fold them. I don't have to do the laundry yet so it's not imperative that I get them out of there. Can you tell that folding king size sheets isn't my favorite? Oh, I should have asked DD to come downstairs to help me when she was here last weekend. Well, dang, I'm smart too late.

--Barbara

2 comments:

Aunt Barb said...

It must be fun to listen to someone read your words. But you've got to get down there and fold those sheets!!

BFayBooks said...

Okay, I'm going to play the part of the Hack Happy Homemaker here. In folding fitted bedsheets: the bed is your best assistant. Put the whole street flat on the bed, leaving it on the bed, fold it in half, tuck the corners into the corners, fold the edges up to the corner height, fold the sheet in half again, fold the sheet in half again, fold the sheet and a half again – however many times it takes to get it into a neat little pile that fits in your closet. Easy Peezy. With a king sized sheet, maybe after the the second fold in half you may want to fold it in thirds, to get the bulk better distributed. Just leave the sheet on the bed to fold it. So much easier than trying to hold it in mid-air to fold it. God bless you as you move forward with your laundry.