Tuesday, March 12, 2024

72 Degrees!

That was the high temperature this afternoon. I know that this doesn't look like much but I had the patio door all the way open and the screen pulled across so that real air could come into the house and go wherever it wanted to go for most of the day. Ahhh!



The Red-Bellied Woodpecker visited the suet pellets feeder this morning. Naturally it was on the back of the feeder so I have a lovely photo of its tail and the top of its head. I wonder if it makes any kind of sound. I've never heard it, only seen it.


My intention today was to read and listen to more of Save the Cat! Writes a Novel and I started doing that. I even went back to the first chapter to re-listen about giving the main character 1) a problem, 2) a want, and 3) a need. With the book was a spiral notebook with some ideas on it. I reread the page and suddenly words popped into my head.



So I came back here and started to write and in two hours I had four new, 1- and 2-page scenes and had slotted them into the manuscript. Conflict! A problem! A need! Rose already had a want, she wants Seaview to succeed but I didn't have a problem for her to overcome. I gave her a woman who wants Iggy and goes out of her way to bad-mouth Rose all over the island trying to ruin her reputation and hopefully send her away. Now I have to sprinkle negative encounters with locals through the manuscript until Rose triumphs. Which, of course, she will but not until late in the book.


I'm happy with today's Daily Practice. I didn't get to it until after supper (but before Jeopardy!) but I really like the way these tiny landscape studies turned out. Now if I can only paint a larger one tomorrow that I like as well. Fingers crossed.



The sun played peek-a-boo most of the day and found a place where the clouds were thin so it could shine brightly at sundown. Naturally the planet has tipped enough that the sun sets right next to the streetlight pole. Can't have everything.


I just realized that I forgot to draw a Gratitude Journal page today but maybe I can do it in the morning. Or maybe I'll post this and go do it now. I might do that.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Sounds like a breakthrough for you -- and Rose!! And on such a beautiful day. So wonderful to have the patio door open and a breeze wafting through.