Monday, March 11, 2024

Robin Red Breast

There were a couple Robins cavorting around in the backyard this morning. Robins don't eat on the feeders, they eat on the ground, and one of them flew up to perch on the edge of the birdbath. I thought he was going to jump in to take a bath but he didn't. You can see behind him how frosty the grass was and I'd just gone out and filled the half-frozen birdbath so I don't blame him one bit.



Today's Daily Practice was to paint a landscape using a limited palette. The teacher used pink and orange and purple which I tried using the last time but I purely hated it so this time I decided to limit my palette to blues and greens and I'm much happier with the outcome. Then I mixed some glitter paint powder in water and spritzed it over the painting. It looks good but the photograph was disappointing so you get to see the landscape before the glitter spritzing.


I spent a lot of the afternoon back at the manuscript. I realized last night that I had been using the wrong earlier manuscript to copy and paste sections into a new version so I had to go back and reread parts and do some correcting. AND I had missed a whole, important scene. Whew. I'm glad I realized that now instead of later. There. I just went into File Manager and put the two working manuscripts into a separate folder. That will make it easier to not get confused.



The daily art prompt was to draw mouths. I used the world colors markers and drew a bunch of mouths on the page. Some of them I like, others not so much. I've only got about 20 more prompts to go and then I'll be finished with the book and can put it away for good.


The Gratitude Journal page for today was easy to fill. It was sock washing day and I folded the basket of laundry (finally!). It was a pretty sunny day too, that's always something I'm grateful for.


I was thinking that Daylight Saving Time hadn't affected me but then I realized that I went into the kitchen for supper close to 6 o'clock when I usually go at around 5 o'clock so evidently I tell time by the sun. It also feels like I'm back here blogging way too early. Ah well, I'll get adjusted soon.

I went out this evening to Dollar Tree looking for a clear spray bottle but they didn't have any. I have clear bottles and sprayers but the tube is too narrow for the glitter paint powder. They clogged up the tube after only a couple sprays so I had to go looking for something with a thicker tube. Dollar Tree didn't have anything, Michaels was closed, and I found a couple sprayers at Meijer but they were pink and blue but only $1 each. I bought them and decided that they were good enough. When I got home I transferred the glitter paint water into the pink (most see-through) one and tried it out. It sprays pretty well. I hope it stays that way.

Then I managed to remember how to change the time on my car clock. It took me twenty pushes to get the radio to turn on (I don't know why) but then I only had to turn the tuning dial after pushing the clock button and, voila!, the time was changed. Thank goodness it worked because it was too dark in the garage to read the manual.

--Barbara

No comments: