Wednesday, March 20, 2024

How Cold Was It?

It was so cold today that the birdbath didn't thaw out even in the sunlight. This Sparrow and Mourning Dove had to take turns sipping from the open water this afternoon. I know I said it before but this year seasonal temperatures feel particularly cold since we've had such warm weather all winter. I suspect I'm spoiled.



The Daily Practice today was to paint a trio of tiny still life studies. I think they turned out pretty well. I like the plants and the pink background even though pink is not one of my favorite colors.


The daily art prompt, on the other hand, is just a few doodles in pencil on a page but that's what it said to do. So I did. I'm not much of a doodler so I just drew some stuff to fill up the space.



I was all set to take a picture of a male House Finch on the platform feeder but just as I snapped the shutter he flew off. So I got this blur of a bird but the reason I kept the picture and the reason I'm showing it to you is so you see how much a few ounces of bird can make a feeder swing. Amazing!

 

A squirrel discovered the newly filled cob corn feeders and made a pig of itself this afternoon. It stayed up there for quite a while nibbling away. Naturally it was in a shady spot so it kind of blends into the gray fence boards behind it. Ah well.



On today's Gratitude Journal page I had an easy time figuring out what to draw. I think my favorite little figure is the lips and teeth. See, there I am liking something pink again. I am a trial to myself.


I got to do the school run again this afternoon. All of the parents were busy so the Meemaw had to pick up the kiddos. Aw, too bad. OJ staggered out of school with two big bags of outerwear in addition to his weighty backpack. Seems it was locker clean out day, at least for him, so he had lots of left-behind sweatshirts and jackets and hats and mittens to haul home. LC wasn't burdened by extra bags. She was her usual cheerful self.

And I survived my dental cleaning. I have to commend the hygienist. She took my warning that my teeth are sensitive to heart and scraped very gently. It wasn't too bad after all. Although she did find a small cavity so I have to go back in April to get that filled. Ugh.

The best thing is that DD is coming tomorrow! She decided that she wants to be with me when I have the second EDG procedure to hopefully fix my stomach lining. I'm going to sit down tomorrow and make a list of all the questions I have so I don't forget to ask the doctor on Friday. He really hasn't given me much info about cause or prognosis. I need answers. (She says, stamping her not-so-little foot.)

--Barbara

2 comments:

Aunt Barb said...

I'll be glad when that stomach lining thing is behind you too. Your reward is the DD's visit.

Aunt Barb said...

P.S. Just now read an article about Jeopardy online and there was a picture of Ben giving a high-five to someone at Zambaldi's. They've gotten a nice little bit of publicity with Ben.