Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Only In The 60s

It wasn't as warm today as it was yesterday. Today it only got into the mid-60s which is pretty darned terrific for March in Green Bay. However tomorrow they're predicting that it'll be in the mid-40s. Much more seasonal.

The Red-bellied Woodpecker showed up today again at least twice--that I saw. He clung to the side of the suet pellets feeder so that I could just get his picture. At least I saw the whole bird today.

 


I was happy to see a male Goldfinch on a crook this morning and I could see that his plumage is starting to change colors. After I snapped this picture he went over to the finch feeder but bent around the backside so all that showed was his tail. Ah well, can't have everything.


Later in the afternoon a Downy Woodpecker came to the suet cakes feeder. It's funny, the suet cake on the house side of the feeder gets eaten much faster than the cake on the side away from the house. I wonder why. Maybe they're posing for me?



My Daily Practice landscape isn't quite as pleasing as my tiny landscape studies were yesterday. I did my best to replicate the parts of the little ones that I liked. Maybe I'm better with a smaller piece of paper to paint on?


Today's Daily Art prompt was to use a fine-liner pen and make loops across the page. I dug out three different thicknesses of pen and drew loops. I don't know what good drawing loops is but I did it and I can move on.



This morning first thing I sat down and drew a Gratitude Journal page for yesterday. I'm not posting its picture but I am posting the page for today. We had sun in the morning. It clouded up some in the afternoon but I didn't put a cloud on my page because I didn't want to. 

 

I spent a couple hours starting to reread the manuscript to see if the four little scenes that I added yesterday fit in where I put them and they do. Now I have to figure out more like that in the rest of the book. This writing thing is a challenge.

--Barbara


1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Seems like those woodpeckers would be called red headed when it's their head that's red. But what do I know. The goldfinch looks beautiful. There was a bluejay flying around in our backyard the other day. Another pretty bird.