Monday, March 11, 2024

Well, That Was A Mistake

I discovered this morning that my blog post from last night had seemingly disappeared so I went on the laptop only to find that I'd written it and neglected to post it. *head, slap* How did I manage that? I wasn't that tired last night so I can't use that as an excuse. I guess it was pure forgetfulness. Sheesh.


I caught sight of a Nuthatch on the platform feeder this morning but by the time I got the camera off the table it had flown to the tube feeder. I was afraid that it would find a peanut and fly away before I could snap a shot but I managed to catch it just before it flew away.



Today's Daily Practice was not one of my faves. We were supposed to find "nature brushes" and paint with them using watercolor ink. I made a few marks and was smart enough not to put out too much ink so that I wasted it trying to get it back into the bottle. I was supposed to use watercolors to make little paintings that I could enhance with the "nature brushes" but I'm not a fan of stick painting so I didn't. Moving on.


I had better luck with the daily art prompt in 365 Days of Drawing. On the page was a stack of bowl outlines that I was supposed to decorate. So I did. I like 'em.



I spent most of the day sitting here at the laptop and got the rest of version 5 of The Seaview 2 read and line edited. I've added some conflicts (sorta) and some stakes (kinda) in the beginning that probably aren't BIG enough but I like it. I'll let it lay for a day or two while I re-listen to the beat sheet from Save the Cat! Writes a Novel to see if I can learn more from it that will help me ramp up the stakes even more.


While I watched TV tonight I knitted a few rounds on the Sockeye Salmon Hermione Sock. I really like the colors of this yarn and the way it's knitting up.



Then just before coming back here to blog (which I will definitely remember to post when I'm done with it) I sat down and drew the Gratitude Journal page for today. The only wrong thing is that I gave the Nuthatch an orange belly when the ones that visit here have a white belly. That's what happens when you call up Nuthatch on your phone so that you get the outline and coloring right. Not so much.


I've been wearing my winter coat and mittens the last few days. Today it got up to 63 degrees and it's supposed to get to near 70 tomorrow, then drop into the 40s for the weekend. I guess this is an El Nino winter, at least that's what DS told me. It's crazy.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Yay!! You're back on the regular routine. Now my day can begin.