Friday, March 15, 2024

No Peeking

Today's Daily Practice was what she calls "contour play." You look at a picture and try to sketch it without looking at what your pencil is doing. It's very challenging. I did my best not looking but think that my peripheral vision got in the way. Anyway, here's my attempt at drawing a cup filled with pompoms.


Next she said to draw it again but this time we could look at the picture. So much easier. Then we painted it with watercolor remembering to be loose and relaxed. No strangling the brush. This didn't turn out too badly, if I do say so myself.

 

I went down to Zambaldi Beer this morning to visit with DS. This tank is filled with beer brewed by one of his Brewer For a Day persons (or groups). For $500 they get to plan the beer recipe with DS, he orders the ingredients (which they've paid for), they get to come on brew day and help, then when the beer is ready they get to host a release party in the brewhouse with friends and family. After that the beer goes on the line over the bar. Because the batches are so small the beer won't last too long but the Brewer For a Day gets to send in friends to try "his or her" beer while it lasts. It's been amazingly popular so far.



A female Downy Woodpecker showed up on the suet pellets this afternoon. No it's not beheaded, it's just craning around the back out of sight. The level of the pellets in the feeder is going down fast because the @$#%& Starlings have discovered how tasty they are and two or three of them land on the feeder at once and go to town.


I saw a lot more green up on top of the retaining wall and went up to investigate. The day lilies have really shot up in the last week. I love seeing green when I look out there.



For the Daily Art prompt today there was a web of lines on a page and instructions to color patterns in the spaces using analogous colors. Those are colors that sit side-by-side on the color wheel. So I pulled out my markers and my color wheel and got to work. I didn't finish because it was time to Zoom with knitters but I wasn't too inspired by the prompt anyway. It's good enough, I decided.


Here's today's Gratitude Journal page. It was a beautiful sunny day, I got to visit DS, and a couple other things I'm grateful for. I have to learn to draw things smaller so I can get more on the page.



At Friday Night Knitting I worked on the foot of the Sockeye Salmon Hermione sock. I'm about an inch from time to decrease for the toe. That last inch takes a long time to knit, at least it seems that way.


I worked a little on the manuscript today. I added a few sentences here and there and started to write another scene. Little by little I'm getting through it--again. Maybe this time I'll get it right.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Great picture of DS. And what a clever idea that "Brewer For A Day" thing is. It really is nice to see green on the retaining wall instead of white! Spring is definitely on the way.