Saturday, March 16, 2024

A Lot of Art-ing

I did two things today. In the morning I did art. The Daily Practice was to make an official watercolor of the cup and saucer with the pompoms. I painted the cup and saucer in pale gray and it really doesn't show up very well but I'm happy with the outcome.



Then I pulled out the watercolor book I got from DD for my birthday and did the next thing. It said to trace circles on watercolor paper, wet the circles one by one, and dip your favorite colors into the circles to let them spread and blend. I liked doing that a lot.


After lunch I pulled out You Can Draw Anything! and drew a cowboy boot. I managed to draw it cockeyed on the page so I had to take a picture with the paper tilted so that the boot looks semi-normal.



This little Downy Woodpecker landed on the suet cakes and then flew over to the birdbath for a drink. He held still long enough for me to take a decent photo. He looks smaller than some of the Downys that show up.


Then, while I had the camera trained on the Woodpecker, a Chickadee landed on the opposite side of the birdbath and stayed long enough for me to take a picture of it too. Amazing! Usually they barely stop but I was lucky.



Look at the daffodils! They've gotten so tall and flowers are shooting up. They look like they might open soon. I noticed that the mini daffodils on the other side of the duplex are blooming already. They're a little cheerful pop of yellow.


And the second thing I did today, in the "Yikes!" department, I was reading the manuscript and suddenly realized that I had a huge timeline booboo. HUGE. I had three chapters that were scrambled together all wrong so I copied them one by one into separate documents, carefully read the manuscript, and put them in the correct time order. I had to take out some parts and change others so that they made sense but I am so happy that I discovered it now and not months down the road. Whew.

It was really windy today. So windy that I could hear it whooshing all day and when I went out to fill up the birdbath it was chilly out there too.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

In spite of the windy and chilly weather, Spring is coming. The daffodils prove it. Yay!!