Saturday, March 23, 2024

Melting

It was a bright sunny day, not too warm, but the sun shone fiercely and melted all of the snow it touched. First thing this morning I snapped a picture of this Mourning Dove pecking away at the seed that fell when I filled the feeders.



A few hours later this Goldfinch landed on the crook, didn't fly over to the finch feeder, but I was glad to see that it's feathers are turning yellow a little bit. Even a little bit is good news.


For drawing practice this afternoon I decided to crack open Dr. Seuss's Book of Animals and drew this zebra-like equine creature. It almost looks like the picture in the book. Almost.



Then I found these flowers in Draw 500 Fabulous Flowers. I liked them because they were different and the one on the right had a lot of black so it really stood out.


In between drawing I sat and finished the Sockeye Salmon Hermione Sock. All I had to do was knit the toe decreases and then Kitchener the last eight stitches to make a seamless join. Nobody wants a seam on the toe of their sock. Nobody.



I don't know if you can see it or not but there's a huge icicle all down the wind chimes from the roof to the bottom of the pipes. I tried to get an angle on it to make it stand out but the best angle was from inside through the kitchen sink window and that was a terrible picture, all blurry and stuff. So you get this.


The Gratitude Journal page for today was another easy one. I had more things that I wanted to put on the page but couldn't draw them. I can't draw people to save my soul and I wanted to be thankful for DD being here among others.


We went to Red Robin for lunch. They have terrific burgers and pretty good sweet potato fries although they were a little too salty for my taste. We got seated immediately even though it was noon when we got there but before we even saw a waitress a hostess came and offered us a free appetizer or dessert if we'd agree to move because she had a big group come in. Our little table was one of a long line of two-top tables that could accommodate a group of 12. Of course we agreed so in addition to eating a gigantic hamburger and fries we split a piece of lemon cake drizzled with strawberry sauce. Then we went to the chocolate store where DD bought fudge eggs for her family. I just bought a couple candy bars and a box of cinnamon bears. None of which I needed, of course.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Nice little surprise at Red Robin. Free stuff is always good. Yes, indeed -- your zebra-like creature does look as if it were drawn by Dr. Suess himself. Soounds like a nice day with DD.