Monday, March 18, 2024

It Was Cold

I went out this afternoon and filled all five of the bird feeders and, man, it was cold. Cold enough to see my breath. Now you understand that's normal for March but this winter we've been spoiled by warm weather so seasonal cold was a bit of a shock. These Sparrows showed up just as soon as I came inside. Usually it's the Chickadees that are first back to the filled feeders but today the Sparrows beat them to it.



The Daily Practice today was another still life. Still Life with Cherries. I wasn't too thrilled with it when I finished painting it but now that I've had some time to look at it, it isn't too bad. I'm glad I used more than one shade of red for the cherries. It made them look more real, I think.


Today's Daily Art prompt was to draw people with your non-dominant hand so I picked up my pencil with my left hand (which felt very weird) and got to work. The one on the left is the first one I tried but I think I was in too much of a hurry. The other two aren't too bad considering I'm not a leftie.



Then as if I hadn't drawn enough already, I drew these flowers out of Draw 500 Fabulous Flowers. They aren't very complex but I like the way they look.


I went to the grocery this morning for lunch things, bananas, and ingredients to make cheese soup on Friday. It wasn't until I got home that I realized I'd forgotten to put red grapes on the list. So I had lunch, put my coat back on, and went to U Bake for goldfish crackers (an extra big bargain because of their short dates), to the birdseed store, and then to a different grocery for grapes. I got the last bag of red grapes! They had a sign on the cooler that said they had a supply problem so it seems I was lucky to get any grapes.

Did you watch Jeopardy! tonight and hear Ben Chan give a shout out to Zambaldi Beer for hosting watch parties for him? Too bad he didn't win tonight. Maybe tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I kept waiting for him to mention Zimbaldi's and he didn't let us down. Go Ben!! He seems to be having such a good time.