Wednesday, March 6, 2024

More Sprouts

I looked out the back window and thought I saw green up on top of the retaining wall so I grabbed the camera and took a little walk up the hill and look at what I saw. Lilies are sprouting! They are a very pale green so they're a little hard to see but they're there and growing. Yay!



The only interesting birds that came to the feeders and stayed long enough to get their picture taken was this pair of House Finches. A Chickadee landed on the finch feeder for a nanosecond and a Nuthatch visited the round feeder for about the same length of time. Not fast enough to get their pictures.


Today's Daily Practice was tiny leaf studies. Once again I avoided using the alcohol markers because they bleed through the pages so I used watercolor markers which aren't as vivid as the alcohol ones but they do okay.



I pulled out a new drawing book, You Can Draw Anything!, and this ice cream cone is the first drawing in the book. I think it turned out pretty well. Unfortunately I wasn't straight on when I took the picture so it looks like it's leaning to the right but the sketchbook is turned slightly so it's the paper that's leaning.


This morning I had the second last Novel Writing online group. I got good comments on my submission and hope I gave good comments to my fellow writers. Tonight was Knitting with three friends from the old knitting guild. We had pizza, antipasto salad, olive and nut spread, and caramel brownies. We'll never starve! We knitted too but only after we'd eaten.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Yay!! Spring is trying to come to GB!! Nice to see those little green sprouts up there by your wall.