Sunday, March 3, 2024

It Was Very Windy Today

So very few birds were bold enough to come to the feeders. I did refill them this afternoon so they'll have something to peck at tomorrow if the wind dies down. There are no pictures of the wind.


The daily practice of the day was to paint a pink-flowered plant. I was glad that the blooms were pink because the new watercolor tube I got yesterday was Shell Pink so I got to use it today. It's very pretty, not PINK like the Flamingo I've had but pink like the inside of a conch shell after it has spent some time in the sunshine. I didn't do so well on the leaves and my watercolor pencil embellishments are okay at best. She used alcohol markers to enhance her painting but I elected not to use them since I discovered that they bleed through the pages which screws up the previous painting or drawing, or makes the next page unusable. Maybe I need thicker sketchbook pages.



Daily art page today said to "draw something yellow" so I drew a banana, lemons, and (my favorite) the sun. I feel like I can really draw the heck out of the sun so I like doing it.


I did the Gratitude Journal page late this afternoon and again had a heck of a time finding something to put on the paper. There were no interesting birds visiting and I didn't suddenly find a way to up the conflict in my manuscript. I did figure out how to access the chapters in the audiobook of Save the Cat! Writes a Novel so I can go back and re-listen to the parts that I need to listen to again. Maybe if I listen to the part about the beat sheet again and again it'll sink in. Beats are important points of action and plot that drive stories. The book has a list of 15 beats and where to put them in the story for maximum effectiveness and for some reason implementing them eludes me. Makes me want to tear out my hair just a little.



Just before I came back here to blog I pulled out 20 Ways to Draw a Jellyfish and drew a dolphin, an eel, and a lionfish, three creatures that I've seen in real life underwater.


I drove out to Howard to deliver the last two Girl Scout cookie orders to my knitter friend who lives in a senior apartment complex and offered to put an order sheet on the shelf outside her door to gather orders for LC. She got orders for 41 boxes in just a couple weeks!

My only other accomplishment of the day was taking a shower. I've still got some clean undies and socks in my dresser so I don't have to fold the basket of clean laundry just yet. Maybe I'll get to it tomorrow. Or maybe I'll just dress out of the laundry basket like we did when I was a kid.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I'm trying to help with your writer's block. So what about the possibility of a competing B&B possibly opening on the island? Couldn't that cause conflict in Rose's life? Maybe?? Love your pink flowers -- both versions -- big and small.