Friday, March 22, 2024

They Didn't Lie

I knew when I got up in the middle of the night for a trip to the bathroom that it had snowed because I could see white through the window. Here's my view when I opened the drapes this morning. Three inches of the powdery white stuff. I suspect that the daffodils are saying "what the???" Happily my neighbor shoveled my driveway while DD and I were at my medical procedure this morning.



When we got home I noticed this squirrel hanging upside down on the suet pellets feeder. I wondered how long it would take the squirrels to rediscover the tasty morsels in that feeder. Now they'll disappear even faster with both the Starlings and the squirrels chowing down on them.


I'm slowly (very slowly) gathering things for my May watercolor week at The Clearing. Yesterday I pulled out this little plastic tray and put all of my yellows in there. I know that they don't all look yellow but, trust me, they are shades of yellow when you paint with them. Really. The watercolor teacher recommends putting your yellow paints in a separate tray so they don't get contaminated by other colors and a couple years ago she handed out white ice cube trays for the purpose. I filled mine but it's kind of bulky and doesn't pack or stack very well so I rarely use it. This one has a lid and it fits into a place on the cover of my big palette so I can easily tote it along to TC. It's also flat and small which is good too.



After lunch I pulled out 365 Days of Drawing to see what the daily art prompt was. It was a simple one. It said to draw circles across the page using any medium. So I started with the handful of colored pencils in the cup on the table and then used wax pastels to fill in the rest. I don't know what good it was but it made me realize that because of all of the drawing practice I've done over the last couple years I can draw a really nice, symmetrical circle. Most of the time.


DD used to make cheese soup a lot when she was a kid. It was her specialty. So I gathered up the ingredients this week and we made a pot of it for tonight's supper. It was just as good as we remembered and we have enough left for tomorrow night. Yippee!



Today's Gratitude Journal page was a simple one to do. I had more things that I'm grateful for but I couldn't draw them so I stuck with the easy to draw ones--sunshine, snow removal, soup, and knitting.


The procedure I had this morning went very well. I needed a lot less cauterizing than last time and my hemoglobin is up to 11.3. I'll have a follow-up visit with the doc in the next month and then probably won't have to have another EGD for about 6 months. The doc said that they don't know what causes this (it's called GAVE) or what cures it. Kind of a "beats the heck outta me" diagnosis. But he was very pleased with how well the last EGD did at controlling the seepage. It seems that I can't have anything normal.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Your winter is relentless. Just when you think Spring is right around the corner, three inches of snow!! Glad your procedure went well. I looked up GAVE and see it is a rare condition. More confirmation that you're a rare and wonderful person. That cheese soup looks delicious. Wish I'd been up there to dine with you and DD. XXXXX