Thursday, March 21, 2024

Last Practice

Today's painting is the last Daily Practice of this Creativebug online class. I finished all the pages of my sketchbook and had to paint this last still life on a sheet of watercolor paper. I think I like the way it turned out. She put more colors in her background and foreground and more lines and dots around but once I'd outlined the leaves and put in a few lines and dots I felt done.



The Daily Art prompt today was to fill in this shoal of fish. I love drawing fish! I used colored pencils and tried to blend them on a couple fish but didn't have a lot of luck. I used one of those paper stumps but it didn't seem to do anything. Maybe if I spit on it...


I looked out and was surprised to see this chipmunk sitting up on top of the can with the birdseed in it. How did it get up there? I presume that the can is too slick to climb so it must have jumped up. I've seen a chippie leap from the ground up to the birdbath so I suppose it can jump onto the cans.



This Goldfinch spent a good amount of time on the finch feeder today. Thank goodness some birds have found it. Every once in a while I see a Chickadee on it but they never stay long so I don't know if they are able to get seeds out of there or not.


And the Cardinal was being a bully again. Just before I took this a House Finch tried to join him on the feeder but he lunged forward and chased it away. If they weren't so pretty and red I'd stop liking them.



I went up to the Book Stop used book store today and took a picture of my books on her shelf. Mostly I did it so I could see which books had sold but I also did it just to see my books in a store. I think they look very cool. Two copies of Horizon and one copy of The Seaview have sold.

 

Today's Gratitude Journal page was a pretty easy one to think up and draw. The best part was having DD here to have pizza with and then spend the evening chatting.


On my way to the Book Stop I went to Michaels and bought 8 more markers. Man, I'm a sucker for those Tombow markers. They have so many colors. It makes me want to get one of each.

It's supposed to start snowing in a couple hours and snow for most of tomorrow until the afternoon. I hope that they're wrong about how long and how much because I have to go to the hospital for another procedure in the morning. DD is driving. Good thing that it's only a little over a mile away and on big streets that get plowed early and often.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Thinking of you today and hope it's all behind you by the time you read this. Hi to Ann and hugs and kisses to you both. XXXXX