Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today I am 70 years old.  Whew!  That's a lot of years old and old is how I feel some days.  But not today.  Today I feel happy and lucky.  I got lots of birthday cards in the mail and birthday texts and birthday ecards and birthday wishes on FB.  Made me feel special all day.


DS and his family hosted me for supper tonight.  We had pork chops, potatoes, and Sunny Hill Farm corn on the cob, with caramel apple crumble a la mode for dessert.  It was all delicious and I'm still full.



I got homemade cards (the very best kind) before supper and lots of hugs before, during, and after.  Then when I got home DD called to sing me Happy Birthday.  A wonderful day.

 

I also got a "Love" note from OJ.  The spelling's a little flexible but all of the letters are there. It's the thought that counts.  Hey, he's 5 and today was his first day of school.  He's doing great.



This afternoon I caught the chipmunk climbing the crook inside the Slinky.  It jumps from the crook onto the platform feeder to fill its cheek pouches with seeds then leaps down to run into its burrow to store the seeds.



This evening I worked on Flausch Mitt #1 and got to within three rounds of binding off the top cuff but I slowed down because the yarn turned almost black and it was very hard to see, even in the bright light of the lamp so I put it down and will finish it tomorrow.  Then I have to knit the thumb and then make another one.


Today's toss was a long, knit tank dress that I've had forever.  It still fits but I can't wear a bra with it.  That's not a good look for me so out it goes.

The prompt today asked what home means to me.  Safety, security, and peace.  Home has been and continues to be a haven in this turbulent time.  It's a place where I can hear myself think.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Sounds like you had the perfect birthday. Your smile is a gift to all your blog followers! The handmade cards are precious. We'll all take love no mater how it's spelled.