Friday, September 24, 2021

The Gang's All Here

Or maybe I should say "the flock's all here."  A bunch of Sparrows came to the feeder and the birdbath this morning and more were flying around landing on the tops of the crooks.  None of the Sparrows cooperated by taking a bath while I had the camera ready, of course.



I am amused by this lone bee balm that's decided to bloom now that autumn is here.  All of the others bloomed in the fullness of summer but this one has to be a rebel.


The official flowers of autumn, the chrysanthemums, are blooming like crazy.  The coppery one is packed with flowers,



and the gold one is just getting started.


I filled the bird feeders this afternoon and one of the chipmunks zeroed in on the cob corn.  I don't know what kind of feet the chippies have but I am amazed that they can climb up the crooks to get at the seed or the corn.  How do they do that without sliding down?


Today's toss was a 3-pack of rolls of heavy duty foil that Durwood bought at Sam's years ago.  I rarely use foil and have a Food Service roll of it that is nowhere near being done.

The prompt today said to write a short story about a woman who wins the lottery and doesn't tell anyone.  Ho hum.  If she doesn't tell anyone how can anything interesting happen?  My lady pays off her mortgage and stays in her little house because it's just right.  She keeps her little red car because it fits her.  Boring.

I finished packing today and took out the car seats so I could go to the gas station and vacuum out all of the Goldfish crackers and Craisins so I have room for my packing and other people if the need arises.  I'm going to try to blog while I'm up at The Clearing this year.  I know there's internet in the Schoolhouse or I could use my phone as a hotspot.  Wish me luck.  

I was so cold yesterday that I wore long jeans, socks, and sneakers today.  It was the first time I've worn long pants since spring.  Feels odd.  But I wasn't cold plus it got up into the mid-70s today so I probably could have been okay in my leggings and Crocs but I wasn't taking chances.  I don't like being cold.  I've packed clothes that I can layer so that I'll stay comfortable no matter the weather next week.  Except if it rains.  I'm not taking a raincoat, only an umbrella.  But I do have two pairs of shoes in case one gets wet.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Great pictures today as usual. Love the one of the fluttering and dining sparrows. Sounds as if you're all set and well-prepared for your week at The Clearing. Hope you can blog while you're there but if you can't, I'll survive. But I do love hearing from you every day and adding my two cents' worth.