Wednesday, September 15, 2021

What Day Is It?

That thought was a common one today.  I couldn't decide if it was Wednesday or Thursday or it could have been Saturday.  That's what happens when you wake up at 5 o'clock to pee and then can't get back to sleep, your whole day is off.  I'm hoping for no repeats.


I saw a Hummingbird!  I haven't seen one in days and the level of birdie juice hasn't changed so I thought that they had all migrated away but, no, there was one still here and I saw it.  I even managed to get a halfway decent picture of it.  



And a pair of Sparrows came to bathe too.  Naturally one of them flew off just as I got the camera up and ready but here's one little brown puffball splashing away.


 

A Downy Woodpecker visited the suet pellets for a nice long time this morning.


 

 


Yesterday's bud became today's flower.  The Stella d'Oro has another bud on it so there'll be another flower tomorrow or the next day.


I knitted through the thumb gusset and up into the hand of the second Edition 3 mitts.  There is no way that this one will match the first one so they'll be a fraternal pair.


Today's toss was a packet of ink cartridges for the pen that I tossed last week.  I wish I'd have found them so I could have banded them together.  Ah well.

The prompt today said to lay in the grass and look at the sky.  What do you see?  I didn't lay down but I did go out to look and there was a beautiful big puffy cloud just floating past the sun.  The trailing edge was wispy and the part that covered the sun was bright and glowing.

I spent a lot of the morning making a packing list for my trip to The Clearing on the 25th.  Trying to guess what the weather will be like is a challenge but I think I've got it licked.  I'm so looking forward to going I'm kind of jumping the gun, planning wise.  I treated myself to a new Yeti thermal tumbler to take along so I can make a cup of tea and have it stay warm for more than five minutes.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Nice to have The Clearing to look forward to. And you know you won't be disappointed no matter what the weather. Another step toward normalcy!!!