Thursday, September 23, 2021

Two At A Time

 I glanced out late this afternoon to see two squirrels dining, one on the suet pellets and the other on the suet cakes.  I don't think I've ever seen such a thing before.  Squirrels don't like to share.




The late Black-eyed Susans are opening.  The plant next to this one has stems with centers and no petals left while this plant has buds that are unfurling petals.  I appreciate the timing.


 

 

The bronzey sedum attracts bees and flies just like the pink one.  There's a drastic color difference but evidently not a flavor difference.



 

 

Another of the Stella d'Oros bloomed today.


I looked out this evening to see the light had turned golden so I grabbed the camera and hurried out to take a picture.  I was surprised to see that the horizon was clear and the setting sun was lighting up the cloud cover above.



I spent a bit of today knitting on the Comfort Baby Blanket and it feels like I didn't make any progress at all.  I know that I knitted a few rows but it seems like nothing changed.  Maybe I only imagined knitting...


Today's toss was a pair of cookbooks, one is a crockpot cookbook that has wonderful recipes but none I can easily adapt to WW and the other has crazy recipes for making novelty "cakes" with crispy rice cereal.

The prompt today asked what you would like more of.  I said willpower.  I'm really struggling to stick to my food plan lately.  I eat the meals and then everything else.  Next week nothing will be WW so I'll have to clamber back onto the straight and narrow when I get home.

It was so chilly in the house when I woke up today that I turned on the furnace to take the chill off and spent the day wearing leggings and a hoodie.  I should have put on socks too.  I don't think it got up to 70 degrees today.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Love that sunset picture. The colors are like those in the baby blanket. I made a cake with Twinkies one time for Beach Week. I bet that recipe was in your crazy cakes cookbook.