Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Rain

I woke up to thunder this morning and within a hour it was as dark as evening and pouring rain.  The drops were big enough to make waves in the birdbath.  It rained off and on for an hour or so and then it dried up and the sun came out.


 


As soon as the rain was over and the sun was out, the chipmunk was right back in the platform feeder scarfing up the safflower seeds, the greedy little rodent.  It must have cleared it out because by afternoon it was back on the ground sifting through the blades of grass for fallen seed from the round feeder.


I knitted a few rounds on the latest toe cap.  I need to find something more interesting to knit again.  I've got another skein of yarn like the one I just used to knit the Flausch mitts, only in different brighter colors.  Maybe I'll knit another pair of mitts?

 

I saw a Nuthatch, a Downy Woodpecker, a Goldfinch and a Hummingbird today but none of them held still long enough to have their picture taken.

Today's toss was another sleeve of holder napkins.  I've still got the holder but I'm considering tossing it.

The prompt today said to write a menu for a fictional fast food restaurant so I made a list of all the foods I'd like to eat every day starting with Crab Rangoons through a cheeseburger, sweet potato fries, ribeye steak, all the way to chocolate ice cream.  I made a nice, long, drool-y list of foods I wish I could eat every week but avoid so I fit into my jeans.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You are so noble to stick to your WW diet plan. New jeans probably helps keep you on the straight and narrow. But you could have ice cream every once in a while! No one should give up chocolate ice cream forever. That's just wrong!!!