Monday, September 27, 2021

I Forgot

I was so busy getting reacquainted with The Clearing and the women in the Women's Writing Retreat yesterday that I forgot to blog.  Sorry.

I took a nice long walk around the campus.  First I walked to the Labyrinth which is at the south end of the property.  It's in a close grove of cedar trees and is a very peaceful place.



 

Then I walked nearly to the north end of the property to the Schoolhouse where my class meets for a few hours a day.


The best part is the day when we have Quiet Writing Time.  We are to chain ourselves to our computer or notebook and shut up and write for about three hours.  Just write. Think and write and not talk.  It's kind of hard to do but it produces results.  Sometimes.

 


We met in the classroom in the morning to warm up and decide what we were going to write during the week.  Our teacher, JB, was using the white board to illustrate a way to write a scene with sensory detail before sending us to our pages to free write for a few minutes.  We each read what we had written and applauded the effort.


The bad part of today was when I was printing out the part of my manuscript that I want to read and have critiqued.  I ran out of ink.  I could kick myself for not buying a cartridge when I bought the printer but the sales guy told me that it had a full cartridge.  Liar.  I called all over Door County looking to buy one and ended up ordering one from Quill to be delivered up here tomorrow.  I hope.  There are other printers available but I offered and now am not sure that I can print for other people.  Dang it.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I love that schoolhouse. It looks like something in England. Hope your printer cartridge arrives today. Got to be frustrating.