Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Flowers & Birds

As opposed to birds and flowers.  I was happy to be fast enough to take a picture of a Bluejay that visited the birdbath this morning.  Bluejays are even faster to land and take off than Chickadees so I felt very lucky to nab this one.



Another one of Dad's roses bloomed today.  It's on a really long cane that has killer thorns on it.  I had to reach way up and bend it down so that I could take its picture and met many of the thorns on the way.


Below Dad's roses the coppery mums are really getting into full bloom and the gold colored ones are just getting started.



This reddish leaf showed up on the patio this morning.  I'm not ready for colored leaves and falling leaves but I guess I don't have much say in the matter.  I suspect that a lot of the trees in Door County will be turning colors when I'm up there next week.


In the afternoon a Downy Woodpecker came to visit the suet cakes and this time it clung to the feeder right side up.  It chased away a squirrel too.



I got all of the ripped out yarn reknit into the baby blanket today..  It's time to snip the pale peach yarn and add on another of the burnt orange one for the next six inches or so.



Today's toss was a notepad shaped like a foot.

The prompt today said to open up your most used bag, list the contents, and what does it say about you.  Hmm.  Well, my purse is my most used bag and it has my wallet, a mask, earbuds, Tums, a pill bottle, tissues, a pen, and a card case.  I think it says that I'm prepared to go out into today's world and that I'm pretty much ready for anything.  I'm using a much smaller purse than I used to use so I'm carrying much less stuff, which I think is a good thing.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Beautiful rose picture as usual. I'm so glad you give us the really close up view. Thanks for suffering the thorns to make it happen.