Sunday, September 5, 2021

Chippie

The chipmunks are in full getting-ready-for-winter mode.  They dart across the patio to the seed fallen under the round feeder and stuff their cheek pouches full.  They also take turns sitting up on the patio step to survey their domain.  I think a hawk landed on the patio this morning but I was reading the newspaper and only saw it fly away.  Rats.  It was quite a while before either birds or chipmunks returned.



I noticed that Dad's rose is blooming again.  These little buds are just perfect.  So soft and sweet smelling and red.



Next to the rose is a dome of chrysanthemums that is just starting to bloom.  I love this bronzey copper color flower.



Hummingbirds are still coming to drink at the nectar feeder.  It's getting to the time of year when I'll realize that I haven't seen one in a week and figure that they're all gone south.  *sigh*




I finished Flausch mitt #2 this evening.  I spent the afternoon sitting on the couch finishing it while I watched Miss Fisher's Murder Mystery and Midsommer Murders that I had DVR'd from PBS.


Today's toss was another stack of paper bowls.  I went downstairs to get some more paper plates and realized that I had a huge stack of them.  I don't think I'll be needing a hundred paper bowls anytime soon.

The prompt today asked what is your favorite store and does the name give a clue as to what kind of store it is.  My favorite store is Meijer, which is a big box superstore kind of between Walmart and Target.  Then it asked what kind of store you'd open and why.  I'd open Barbara Sue's Socks because I love socks.  I'd have all kinds of socks, matched and mismatched, adult and kids, summer and winter.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Congrats on finishing the mittens. I'm not even going to say you're all set for winter because I know you aren't really ready for winter. Not yet at least! "Barbara Sue's Socks" -- I like the sound of that. I'd buy some but down here I never wear socks. I live in flip-flop world.