Thursday, September 9, 2021

A Bird Day

I am pleased to report that I managed to take a picture of a Bluejay this morning.  Yay, me!  I even had a few poses to choose from.  Now all of them weren't in focus but at least you could identify what it was.  I don't know what drew the Bluejays to the feeders today.  They didn't land on the suet cakes and the suet pellets were gone.  The peanut wreath is empty and it's hanging on the retaining wall so it's far away.  One of the jays was pecking around in the grass looking for fallen seeds but the other one was on top of the crook posing.  Nice birdie.



A Downy Woodpecker spent some time working on the suet pellets.  It contorted itself around so that it could peck away at the narrow layer of them.


At the same time a Nuthatch tried its luck on the platform feeder.  I think the $%#@& chipmunk has cleaned it out and I'm not ready to refill it just yet but the Nuthatch must have found a few seeds because it came back a couple times.


I had a knitting guild board meeting this evening at Zambaldi and had an actual beer and some popcorn.  They have really good popcorn.  It's got cheese and ranch flavoring.  Not WW approved but delicious and I didn't eat too much (she says fooling no one including herself).  I need to cleave to the straight and narrow for the next two weeks so that when I"m at The Clearing after the 25th the menu won't be too damaging to my waistline.



After I got home I cast on another pair of fingerless mitts only using an different pattern.  This one is just as simple but harder to follow because the designer wrote "pearl" instead of "purl" so it took some mental adjustment to follow the directions.  Funny how a different spelling throws a person off.  I love the yarn though.  Cool colors, don't you think?


Today's toss was a bag of paper cups.  I kept some of the disposable cups but don't need the stacks of them I had.  Out!

The prompt today asked what is your least favorite sound.  Squealing tires.  I've only had one accident, a sliding meeting with a post office truck on an icy street, but whenever I hear that sound I cringe.

The weather today was perfect for mowing the lawn so I did.  I do love my new lawnmower, it has made a world of difference in my lawn mowing experience.  I don't dread mowing the lawn anymore.  Money well spent.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Mr. Bluejay certainly did strike a pose for you. Glad you caught it at the right time. Yay for the new lawnmower. I still remember the satisfaction of mowing the lawn when we lived in Dallas. Such a before and after contrast when the job is finished.