Monday, September 13, 2021

Bird Bath

I caught sight of a little House Finch standing in the birdbath this morning.  It looked like it was surprised to be there and then it did a little shimmy and splashed itself.  I've been disappointed that the Sparrows and Chickadees haven't been bathing this summer because they're so much fun to watch, especially when the Sparrows come in a gang and indulge in a real splash fest.



The Black-eyed Susans are still blooming, the flowers are lasting a long time, but I can't wait for the new buds to open so the flowers will go on and on.



In front, the coppery mums are starting to bloom.  Soon it'll be a dome of little flowers.



Again a single Stella d'Oro lily bloomed.


Today's toss was a couple kids' books that the small people have outgrown.

The prompt today said that you were on a walk and got lost without your cellphone.  The Clearing was on my mind today because I started to think about gathering the things I'll take with me when I go so I imagined being lost on the trails there.  What I'd do is head for the shore so I'd know where I was and then move inland from there.  It isn't easy to get lost there but I bet I could manage it.

I had lunch today with my 8th grade classmates.  One of the guys spent most of the hour ranting about not needing a vaccine, how Faucci owns one of the vaccine developers and that Faucci's wife is big in healthcare admin but doesn't have the same last name, and how abortion is murder.  *sigh*  Not a very cheerful lunch conversation but no one argued with him or shut him up.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You are a patient person to endure lunch with your ranting former classmate. Didn't anyone speak up and challenge him? But I'd have been like you -- suffering in silence. I hope you at least had a cheeseburger and fries to concentrate on!