Monday, September 20, 2021

Backwards

 Well, I spent the day tinking back the four rows of decreases on the Comfort Baby Blanket that I knitted yesterday.  (tinking is unknitting stitch by stitch, a very laborious enterprise but necessary in this instance since I'm holding two strands together.)  Once I was back where I started yesterday I reknit the rows without the yarnovers that made the holes.  It looks better and it matches the increase rows.  Whew.



I looked out and noticed that the smallest Stella d'Oro plant, the one that didn't bloom all summer, has flowers on it today.  Hooray!



The other thing I saw was a single daisy in among the stems of the faded ones.



There was also a raggedy bee balm flower too.  I wonder what they were thinking.


A pair of Chickadees were bopping around the feeders this morning.  I try and try to catch one of them and this one stayed on the platform feeder just long enough for me to take its picture.  


Today's toss was a bottle of insect repellent that I can't use because it isn't fragrance free.  I ordered some from Amazon that is a different chemical, able to be sprayed on the skin more safely, and is unscented.  Fragrances don't bother me but people that I'll spend next week at The Clearing with don't tolerate them so I got the right stuff.

The prompt today said to write a rhyme that would appeal to a child.  That stumped me but I played around with "hop" and "pop" and "fish," "dish," and "wish," also "eel" and "feel."  What I ended up with was extremely nonsensical but slightly amusing.

There's a football game tonight and I forgot to go outside to see the flyover.  I know that the Packers are winning because they let off fireworks every time they score and there had been a lot of them lately.  That will make everyone more cheerful tomorrow if they win.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I'm one of the cheerful Packer fans this morning. Didn't stay up for the game so I was anxious to get the score first thing this morning. And they didn't let me down. Whew!! Last week was so dreadful. Glad you fixed the baby blanket problem. Sounds tedious but it's done now. Good.