Sunday, September 12, 2021

One Mitt

I finished the first Edition 3 mitt this evening.  (Edition 3 is the name of the yarn)  I love the way the colors stacked up as I knitted from the bottom cuff to the top of the hand.



This afternoon I went downstairs to get the printer I take to The Clearing so that I can print off my and other people's writings to share.  I've gotten a new laptop since the last time I used it and I was afraid that they wouldn't talk to each other.  I was right.  I even went into the HP wayback to find the printer driver but that didn't help so I drove to Office Max and found an Epson printer for a hundred bucks that came with full ink cartridges that made the acquaintance of my laptop just fine.  Whew.  I can even hook it up with a cable so it doesn't need a wireless connection which The Clearing doesn't have because there's limited internet there.  Hey, they don't call it a retreat for nothing.


We filled the feeders yesterday and the chipmunks have already emptied the platform feeder of safflower seeds and the cob corn, the squirrels took care of the peanut wreath.  Next on the menu are the suet pellets.



I went out to admire Dad's roses this morning when the sun was shining before the clouds and drizzle showed up.  It never got up to 70 degrees today but it only spit rain off and on so it wasn't a bad day.



One Stella d'Oro lily is still showing up every day.  I do wish the plants would get together and agree to bloom all at once instead of taking turns.


Today's toss was the old HP printer.  I put it straight into the back of the car.  I'll drop it off at the computer store this week.  They take anything with a cord for nothing.  You have to pay a nominal fee if what you're tossing has a screen.

The prompt today said that a rich person has lost everything and to write a story.  How trite.  I thought of the movie Trading Places with Eddie Murphy and Dan Akroyd and how the poor man ended up rich but happy and the rich man ended up poor but happy.  Predictable.  Not worth my time plus I couldn't think of another way to approach the prompt.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Good that you found just what you needed at the printer store. We do depend on and love these tech gadgets of ours. I'd be lost without this old thing I'm typing on right now. I feel like it's my connection to the world.