Thursday, September 2, 2021

Flutterby

I think it's really a moth but I captured a white moth or butterfly on the sedum this morning when I went out to take flower pix.  I like the one black spot on the wings.



A whole cluster of Stella d'Oro lilies bloomed on one plant today.  I can't wait until they spread out and join up so that there'll be a whole row of yellow blossoms to enjoy.


Still got a few orange day lilies blooming too but they're looking a little scraggly.



There was a hang tag on my doorknob when I got home from supper last night.  DD sent me a bouquet for my birthday and I missed the delivery so I popped over to the florist this morning and picked up this beautiful vase of flowers.  Thanks, DD!  I love them!  Such a lovely surprise.



I captured a Nuthatch on the suet pellets this morning.  It stayed there for long enough so that I got its picture.  Unless, of course, if it's a Chickadee masquerading as a Nuthatch.  It was hard to tell.



I spent most of the day knitting and watching Grace and Frankie episodes.  As usual, I got caught up in the show so my knitting took way longer than it should have.  I'll have to start the second mitt tomorrow.  Don't want to slow my momentum.


Today's toss was a pair of kids' fake Crocs.  The kids' feet have gotten way bigger than these shoes so it's time for some other feet to be in them.

I didn't write today, I knitted.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Love that Happy Birthday bouquet from DD. All those bright colors are definitely "YOU." But I also love the sweet soft colors of the butterfly/moth on the sedum. Nice shots. Thanks.