Saturday, September 18, 2021

Bees & A Bird

I love watching the bees busy on the sedum.  There are honey bees and other kinds of bees that I can't name all crawling over the flower heads.  Some times I go up to look and there's not one bee and other times, like today, when there's a bee on nearly every flower.  Naturally they don't pose but I managed to get this one.



One of the Stella d'Oro plants had two blossoms on it today.  Hooray!


This Downy Woodpecker chose to hang upside down on the suet pellets for a long time.  I was surprised that it didn't hold on upright since the feeder's almost full but it chose to work on the bottom.



I finished the second Edition 3 mitt this evening.  I was thinking that the blue would come back at the top of the second mitt but strawberry red came up in the thumb instead.  That's okay, mismatched is kind of my signature.


 

The Program Chair at Knitting Guild handed out sheets at the meeting for us to list our UFOs (UnFinished Objects) and challenged us to work on finishing them.  When we finish one we get a ticket in a drawing for prizes at the December meeting.  I won't be finishing one of my UFOs because I don't like the way it's turning out so why waste yarn and effort on it.  My oldest UFO is this baby blanket that I started in 2014, got about halfway, and put it away.  I pulled it out today and will plug along at it.  Maybe I'll take it to The Clearing and see if I can't make some progress that week since it's knitting that requires no thinking.


Today's toss was a couple of grill tools that I won in a neighborhood drawing and never used.

The prompt today said to write a poem about longing.  *sigh*  I wrote a few lines but it's really lame so I'm not reproducing any part of it here.

Life got complicated for DS today so I had to spend the afternoon with the small people.  Oh darn.  We went to a park and then came here to play for a couple hours.  It cut into my knitting time but I'm willing to make the sacrifice.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I love the colors in those mitts. I can picture snowballs coming out of them this winter when you have the small people over. And how nice that you can so happily help out when life gets complicated for DS. Definition of a Win-Win.