Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Midweek Blahs

I had a nothing day.  All I did was read a manuscript trying to dredge up some inspiration.  Didn't find any, dammit.  I considered taking a walk but that didn't happen because clouds piled up and looked like it might rain on me--or at least that was my excuse.


I did go out to take pictures of flowers blooming.  First there was a single orange day lily among the stems and leaves,



then there was a pair of Stella d'Oro lilies a little ways down the row.



A Bluejay came and landed on one of the patio chairs but it didn't stay long enough for a picture.  But the Nuthatch stayed on the depleted suet pellets feeder for long enough for me to snap four shots, some of which were even in focus.


And the bees are still busy on the mint flowers.



Today's toss was a package of foam cups.

The prompt today was all about eight.  What does eight mean to you?  Is it in your age or phone number?  What significance does eight have in nature?  That was a puzzler.  Let's see, eight is twice my favorite number and there are two eights in my phone number.  The funny thing is that it took a while to remember that last fact.  I kept trying to make my old landline number add up to eight but only got to seven.  Spiders have eight legs as do lobsters.  And next year LC will be eight years old.  Already.  That's all I've got for eight.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Such a close close-up of that bee. It almost scared me. I still remember our phone number from when I was a kid -- and it had an eight in it -- just like my age right now and even an eight in our address on Bald Eagle and also in this place. Maybe eight is my lucky number and I've haven't known that all these years. I'm claiming it right this minute.