Friday, September 3, 2021

Just Missed It

I had a Hummingbird picture all lined up and just as I depressed the shutter button the danged bird flew away.  And didn't come back while I was looking.  So there's no Hummingbird picture today.  All I got was an empty feeder and green grass.


A Downy Woodpecker flew to the suet cake feeder this morning but landed on the top, rode the Slinky down and up, and moved around a bit.  Never went down to peck at the suet though.  I wonder what it was thinking.



One of the squirrels spent quite a bit of time nibbling away at the suet pellets.  It leaps up onto the birdbath, then onto the suet cake feeder, and finally up to the top of the crook before draping itself down the feeder and getting busy.



I made a lot of progress on the second Flausch mitt at Friday Night Knitting tonight.  The cuff is done and I'm working on the thumb gusset.  Pretty soon I'll put the thumb stitches on a holder and get working on the hand and top cuff.


Today's toss was a cartridge pen that I can't find any cartridges for.  Out it goes.  It'll be someone else's problem.

The prompt today said to write a billboard slogan for an award-wining public restroom.  !!!  The only thing I came up with was "Don't Worry, Pee Happy."  Not my best work.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I think your slogan for the rest room is perfect. Remember when there were pay toilets? I recall something from those days: "Here I sit, broken hearted. Paid a nickel to s..., and only farted!" (And why do I remember stuff like that???)