Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Perennial

Before these bloom I think they're weeds and then in late September they burst out in zillions of tiny white asters that the bees just swarm over.  I spent the summer weeding them out on top of the retaining wall but left this on the lot line with the milkweed.  I kind of like them and kind of don't.


 

I mowed today and this little chickory flower managed to duck the mower blade.


 

 

Another Stella d'Oro is opening up a cluster of buds.


 


I spent much of yesterday and today knitting an ornament.  The knitting guild is having an ornament exchange in December instead of a dishcloth exchange and I ran across my sequined yarn and decided to make an ornament cover.  It isn't as stretched out as I'd like so I think I'll make another one, either that or I'll go to Michael's to find a bigger clear plastic ball to cover.


Today's toss was a bag of random candles and one of those metal spinny things that twirls in the rising heat of candles.

The prompt today asked what you have too much of.  Time. I have too much time without enough to do.  I try to fill up my time with writing and knitting but don't think I'm very successful at it.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Those little weed/flowers that look like baby daisies are cute. Even if you're not sure you like them, I like the picture. Too much time -- I hear you. Some days seem endless but we've earned all those hours. Remember when there weren't enough in the day??