Friday, September 17, 2021

That's Better

I managed not to delete today's pictures, thank heavens.  First up is the Dad's rose that was a bud yesterday but opened today.  These roses are so beautiful and they smell so good.  I wish you could hold one in your hand.



Again there was a single Stella d'Oro lily blossom.  I wonder how many years it will take for the plants to fill in (if they ever do) so that there'll be one long row of lilies.


The Black-eyed Susan plant that's late to the party's buds are slowly opening.  As slowly as these are opening is the same rate that the earlier bloomers are fading.



This Nuthatch was hanging from the bottom of the platform feeder but shifted to the inside just as I pressed the shutter.  It's a little blurry and you can't see its head but I'm always thrilled to capture a Nuthatch because they're at the feeder for such a short time.  They're a real hit-and-run kind of bird.


The mums are blooming.  The coppery ones are filling in and you can see all of the white dots of buds in the spaces between flowers.



The purple mums that keep trying to bloom in July are also looking good.




I knitted the rest of the Edition 3 mitt's hand tonight and put the thumb stitches onto the DPNs (Double Pointed Needles) but I just didn't have the oomph to attach the yarn and get knitting on the thumb.



So I got out the Man Hat and worked on it for a few rounds.  



Today's toss was a card of hair combs.  I have a bag of combs and elastic headbands that I never use so I don't need a never opened additional set of them.

The prompt today... well, hell, I forgot to do the prompt today.  I'll get to it tomorrow.

What I mostly did today was pack (undies, socks, shirts), sort through my toiletries, and work on a new scene for Better Than Mom's, the manuscript I want to work on at The Clearing.  I haven't workshopped this one yet so I think I'll give them the first few pages rather than some random scene from the last third of the story.  So much happens before the new scene I wrote today that I'd spend most of my reading time synopsizing the whole story.  I have to think about this.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That rose should definitely be shared with the world. I wish I could hold it and smell it too. So beautiful. And so is that shot of the bursting into bloom mums. Good ones!