Saturday, September 11, 2021

Buds!

In these days of fading blossoms it was a pleasant surprise to see that one of the Black-eyed Susans has sent up a stalk with buds on it.  Buds!  In September!  Yes, please.

 


The little chickory flower is back in the lawn.  I'm surprised to see it since I mowed everything down only two days ago but this plucky little flower is hunkered down there in the grass shining its purple light in the green.

 

 

I was admiring the sedum and there was this bee busily visiting each little flower in the compound head.  It didn't seem to mind having its picture taken.

 


The orange day lily is still opening about one flower a day.  I admire its tenacity.

 

 

I got to spend the afternoon and evening with two of my favorite small people.  We went to the park and got to see a fire truck extend its ladder to make sure it will work when they need it to. The park is next to a fire station. Then we came back here and I knitted while they played.  I cast on a charity hat in bulky yarn and made a little progress.  They were very interested in the concept of making a hat for someone that needs it instead of having a recipient in mind. 


Today's toss was two boxes of dried apricots I found downstairs.  They were so old that the fruit had turned black.  I recycled the boxes and tossed the fruit.  Yuk.

The prompt today said to touch something metal then write down descriptive words and use the words in a story.  I touched a silver spoon and wrote about using my grandmother's silver flatware every day and how I think of her when I do.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Glad you got to spend a little time with a couple of small people. Nice way to pass an afternoon. I touched a shiny metal object yesterday myself: Paul's new RED Lexus!! You'd love it.