Tuesday, August 31, 2021

The Between Day

Today is the day between Mom's birthday and mine.  When Mom was still around we'd meet at Huhot today and buy each other's lunch, then have to convince the waitress that we both deserved free dessert, usually by having to show our driver's licenses.  It was worth it for cheesecake rangoons with strawberry sauce.

The Downy Woodpecker showed up today.  You can see the squirrels have really dined on the suet cakes lately.  Everything is gearing up for winter.  The chipmunk is back to climbing the crook to perch on the platform feeder and hoover up all of the safflower seeds it can reach.



A couple of the orange tiger lilies are still blooming.




There was a dandelion blooming in the grass of the backyard when I went out to take a lily picture and it just happened to have a bee on it.  Later on I mowed the lawn and mowed down the dandelion.  I thought they only bloomed in spring but I guess there's a summer season to them too.



One of the knitting guild board members, DM, brought along a round watermelon that her son grew.  We didn't cut into it over the weekend so I got to bring it home with me because she has multiple ones at home.  I cut it up today and made a bunch of it go away.  It's delicious and it has seeds so I get to spit.  Bonus!



After I mowed and showered I sat down and knitted on the mitt.  I got through the thumb gusset, put the stitches on a holder, and am working my way up the hand.  Not much farther to go, then it's onto the thumb and mitt #2.


Today's toss was an old tin of my mother-in-law's with reclaimed zippers, a thimble, and a paper packet of straight pins.

The prompt today asked how your friends would describe you.  All I could think of was funny, quiet, and kind.  I hope that's true.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAREST NIECE!!! Hope the card I sent gets to you today. It's a cute one. My description of you would definitely include your smile. I can see it in my mind as I type this. And, of course you're funny. It runs deep in our family.