Friday, August 6, 2021

Two

Another of the Stella d'Oro lilies bloomed today, only this one had two flowers on it.  Maybe tomorrow one will have three.  Probably not.



The orange tiger lilies are still blooming too but not as many as last week.  I wish they stayed more than one day per flower.  Must be why they're called day lilies because each flower only lasts one day.



Downy Woodpeckers visited the suet cakes again today.  I also saw one on the fake "tree" that makes up the base of the birdbath but it left after a single peck.



I can't resist.  I took two pictures of the Hummingbird the other day and I want to post the second one.  I refilled the feeder this morning but haven't seen a Hummingbird on it today.  Didn't notice one on the honeysuckle today either.


I knitted on Gramma's Favorite washcloth at Friday Night Knitting.  I didn't get done like I thought I would so now I have more knitting for tomorrow night.



This is the last picture of the Stargazer lily this year.  It's the last flower on the stalk and the color of the petals has decayed from pink to a darker red violet.  Next the petals will fall and all that will be left will be stubs and leaves.


Today's toss was Durwood's old plastic rain jacket that hung in the stairwell for years behind mine and got noticed today.

The prompt today asked about the last lie you told.  I'm not telling.

My big accomplishments today were running the vacuum and weeding part of the retaining wall.  I waited until the shade covered the place I wanted to weed.  No use frying myself in the sun when there's a nice big tree that shades the yard in the late afternoon.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

What is it about hummingbirds that makes them so special? Is it because they're so small or the way their wings flutter so fast or what? But somehow catching a picture of one is always worth mention. The big tree in our front yard has grown so much that it's almost scary! When I leaned back to take a picture of it, I nearly fell over backwards.