Saturday, August 14, 2021

Three Years

I had a busy day today.  I kept myself busy because today is the three year anniversary of Durwood's passing.  I thought of him a lot today but not sadly.  I made sure to entertain only happy memories.


The big thing I did today was cook (and wash dishes).  Yesterday I forgot to say that I put Chicken Cacciatore in the slow cooker.  Today I made Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls and Chicken Breasts Pierre.  Yes, I'm hurrying through the Investment Cooking this time.  It feels like the right thing to do.  Only one more recipe to go.



This morning there was a juvenile or female Cardinal on the feeder.  Now that she's found her way here I guess she likes it.


A squirrel made itself at home hanging on the suet pellets.  Part of me wants to chase it away and part of me is transfixed at the way it can work through the mesh for bites.


 


After the cooking and the dish washing, I went out and mowed the lawn.  The humidity left Thursday night so it was bearable to mow in the sunshine.  There was an interesting looking bug on one of the Purple Coneflowers.  I wonder what it is.


Tonight I finished the Green Dishcloth.  Tomorrow I'll dig around and find some not-cotton yarn to knit with to give my hands a rest.


Today's toss was another camisole tank top.  I didn't realize that I had so many but at least it's the right season for them to be in the thrift shop.

The prompt today asked what charity you'd set up and why.  I couldn't think of a charity but I'd like for all races and religions to get along.  I so enjoy that fact that Green Bay is a more diverse city than it was when I was growing up here.  I want every ethnic group to open a restaurant or food truck so I can try all of the foods and learn about their cultures.  I want adults to be like kids.  Kids just play, they don't look at color or ethnicity, they just see other kids.  I want us all to be like that.  Not much chance of that but I can dream.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I like your dream but sad that it's only a dream. Why can't we just get along? Three years already. Doesn't seem possible and I'm glad you entertained only happy memories. You do have a lot of those.