Sunday, August 22, 2021

Ribbons!

This evening at 6 o'clock it was time to go to the Fair to pick up my entries and see if I'd won any ribbons.  I did!  Every one of my eleven entries got a ribbon--5 blue 1st place ribbons, 5 red 2nd place ribbons, and 1 pink 4th place ribbon.  That 4th place ribbon went to the red and gray hat that I thought was some of my best work.  I guess there were much better hats in the category.  If I'm going to enter anything in next year's Fair I need to start knitting something other than preemie hats, dishcloths, and toe caps.


Today was a yard work day.  I mowed the grass and weeded along the retaining wall.  It was about 73 degrees and sunny with a nice breeze, the perfect day for being outside.



Again the mint blossoms were alive with all sizes and shapes of bees.  Luckily they don't mind having their picture taken.  At least none of them stung me.


After I mowed and weeded I filled some of the birdfeeders and tossed a couple handfuls of sunflower seeds on the lawn for the squirrels.  This chipmunk discovered them and made many trips back and forth from its hidey hole to the seeds.

 


I refilled the nectar feeder and made the Hummingbirds happy.  This one cooperated (finally) and sipped at the port that faced me so that I could take its picture and you can actually see it.



Today's toss was a wooden cigar box that used to have index cards in it.  Now it has nothing but air.

The prompt today said to write a letter to someone you haven't forgiven.  I thought that it said "haven't forgotten" so I wrote to Durwood telling him how much I miss him and wish he'd quit smoking when we learned to dive thirty years ago so maybe he'd still be around.  Some days I haven't forgiven him for leaving me alone.

--Barbara


1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Congratulations on your wins at the fair. I knew the judges would recognize your talent! Sounded like a perfect day in GB. Glad you could enjoy being outdoors -- and getting some yardwork done.