Tuesday, August 17, 2021

One Big Turtle

 I had an assistant today.  He and I went to the Neville Museum to gawp at the Savage Ancient Seas exhibit.  It's filled with prehistoric fossil replicas.  OJ knows the names of lots of them.  I don't.  Every time I said anything about the big turtle, he corrected me with the proper name.  Do you think I remember it?  No, I don't.  Trust me, it was a big turtle, almost as big as a Smart Car, with flippers.  Huge.



I took this blurry picture of a Downy Woodpecker mostly to show how quickly the suet pellets disappear around here.  One of the squirrels is especially enamored of them and takes every opportunity to hang on the feeder and nibble away.  The woodpeckers aren't far behind and even the Chickadees and Sparrows take their turns pecking at them.  I love seeing the birds, I don't love the expense.



This is not the suet pellet squirrel.  This squirrel isn't adept at scaling the crook and getting to the good stuff.  It sits on the ground gazing up at the suet cakes, jumps onto a Slinky, rides it down, and jumps off.  I've taken to strewing a couple handfuls of sunflower seeds in the grass for the poor thing.


Today's toss was the last of the camisole tank tops.

I didn't do prompts today.  Instead I went to the museum, colored, played with clay, went to the park, played foosball and shuffleboard, and kept a 5-year-old fed, watered, and entertained.  It was a full, fun day.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Sounds like a great day all the way around. That turtle fossil scared me! Can you imagine encountering that thing on one of your dives?? EEEEKKK!!!