Thursday, August 26, 2021

Salad Day

I had an assistant today and we made the Farro salad that I'll take along this weekend.  There was a good amount of chopping, weighing, measuring, shredding, and snitching involved.  It's been years since I made this salad but I'm glad I made it again because it is so good.  The dressing has lemon juice, sesame oil, Dijon mustard, basil and parsley in it  I made extra so that my weekend compatriots can put on more if they desire it but it'll be good for me.  I've got a bag o'salad, just romaine, to put under the farro salad for serving.  Yum.



This Downy Woodpecker contorted itself to reach the suet pellets.  It stayed for a long time pecking away and fending off other birds.


 

I started another toe cap this evening.  I realized that I was getting to the end of the no-thinking part of the mitt I started the other day and would probably make a hash of it if I tried to knit the thumb gusset this weekend while chatting with others.  So having a 'knit2, purl2' thing to knit on is the best idea for all concerned.  Saves frustration.



When I was in Pick 'n Save yesterday I saw that they had pints of blueberries 2/$5 so I planned to grab some but they also had blackberries for the same price and they were some impressive berries so I bought one blueberries and one blackberries.  I've been snacking on the blackberries, they're pretty wonderful and each one is two bites.  Huge.


Today's toss was the pair of fake Crocs that were here for the kids to wear if they needed to come into the basement with me.  They're way too small for both of them so pffft! out they go.

The prompt today asked who you'd like to trade places with and why.  I picked me about eight years ago when my writing group was going strong and my writing was at the gushing out stage.  Man, I miss those days of words coming so easily.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Nice to have a kitchen project to work on with your assistant. Especially one you can sneak a snack on as you make it. Sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead. Good for you.