Thursday, August 12, 2021

Bird Day

Today was a bird day at the feeders.  No, really, even more than usual.  First there was a Bluejay that came shrieking around.  I don't know what it was looking for since the peanut wreath was empty, the corn cobs were bare, and the platform feeder was filled with just hulls.  It landed on the crook and posed a bit.



Then a Hummingbird showed up to sip at the nectar feeder.  After a few sips it flew up to the patio door to look in at me.  I snapped a picture but it was one tiny blur, dang it.


The Downy Woodpeckers arrived to peck at the emptying suet pellets and totally empty suet cakes but I was busy cooking and didn't get a picture.  A Nuthatch came to the feeders too.  Once again I wasn't fast enough to get a picture.  I wish I had a camera implanted in my eye so I could snap a shot when I see something worthwhile and not have to dash for the camera and hope the danged bird holds still long enough.


Today was the first day of this bout of Investment Cooking.  First I had to go to the grocery for supplies and, naturally, I missed listing an item so I had to go to a different store in the middle of the second recipe.  Man, I hate when I don't double check to make sure I have what I need.  First I made Chickpea Curry, then Hoisin-Glazed Chicken Breasts, and now I have Chicken Tikka Masala in the slow cooker.  It'll be done in about an hour.  I've made two batches of brown rice too.  That leaves four more recipes to get finished before Tuesday which is trash night.  With all of the raw meat packages in there I have to time the cooking so that I'm done when it's time to take out the trash, especially in summer when the garbage reeks.


Today's toss was another couple camisole tank tops.  I hat to see them go but I can't wear them in public.

The prompt today asked what "living dangerously" means to you.  Right now, living dangerously means going into a store without a mask.  The proliferation of the delta variant scares me.  With the inability of the littles to get vaccinated I'm doing everything I can think of to make sure I don't carry the virus to them.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You are the busy girl with all that cooking. I agree with your description of living dangerously. What an insane time this is. Too much bad news.