Monday, August 9, 2021

The Daily Woodpecker

I realized this morning that the young Downy Woodpeckers have become regulars at the suet pellets a couple times a day every day.  There was even one on the feeder during the morning downpour.



This squirrel spent the downpour hanging upside down on the suet cakes nibbling through the nice big openings in the feeder.  Not catching all of the fallout, when it dropped to the ground it spent some time sniffing around to find the chunks of suet that had fallen.



See the rain?  I wish I could send it out to the fire areas in California.


 


I started another green dishcloth yesterday so that I can practice knitting without looking.  I'm not very good at it and I'm terribly slow but it's a good challenge to be able to knit and watch TV at the same time.  I find myself sitting with my hands in my lap and my eyes glued to the tube so little knitting progress is made.  Trying to change that.


Today's toss was a black tank top that's three sizes too big.  I don't know why I kept it when I sorted out the summer clothes.

The prompt today was to look at a photograph in your house and write a fictional scene about it.  So I wrote about the reef closeup that hangs across from where I sit at the table.  Poor Leah, she got dragged out into the deep by a shark that bit her fin.  I ran out of page before I discovered if she got away.

No blog tomorrow night, I'll be out of town.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You have an excuse to not blog tonight but hope for pictures of your outing. Hope you have fun.