Monday, August 30, 2021

An Average Monday

There wasn't anything too special about today.  Except that it would have been Mom's 93rd birthday.  Today I missed her, missed sending her a goofy card, missed talking to her, so I called Aunt B, the next best thing to Mom.  We had a nice chat until she started breaking up and disappeared just as we were saying goodbye.  Happy Birthday, Mom!



In honor of Mom, I went down and did a little sewing.  First I patched a mask that OJ chewed a hole in the lining and then I whipped up a couple bowl cozies.  These are the handiest things, I use one nearly every day when I heat my bowl of supper in the microwave.  It makes holding a hot bowl easy.


I caught another Hummingbird at the nectar feeder this morning.  I also saw one at the feeder just as the light faded but didn't get a picture.



The sedum blossoms are turning pink and when I went out to take a photo there was a busy not-so-little bee making the rounds so I waited until he landed on the flower before I took the shot.


Also another of the Stella d'Oro lilies bloomed today.  Yay!



The weekend inspired me to knit some on the Flausch Mitt this afternoon.  I switched from Magic Loop to DPNs when I got to the thumb gusset because it just made more sense to me that way.  Guess in some ways I'm old school.



Today's toss was a stack of paper bowls.  I kept a few, just in case, but don't envision needing a stack of 100 or so in the future.

The prompt today asked what is your greatest fear.  Right now it's a large group of people.  I'm okay with a small group but I've never liked a crowd and especially not now.

--Barbara

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sue & I also use our "bowl cozies" for ice cream. Keeps hands & fingers warm ,& product cold !

Aunt B said...

Everyone should have a birthday picture like that one of Marl to remember a loved one by. It's just a perfect rendition of her. She could light up any room!! That is one big bee on that flower. Nice shot.