Thursday, August 19, 2021

Two!

I was lucky enough to look out the patio door when two Hummingbirds came to the feeder.  Two!  Neither of them landed.  They flew at each other and then flew off but I managed to capture one of them.  Again, it's blurry but I was lucky to get this because it happened so fast.


I took a shot of a flock of Mourning Doves in the grass and when I looked at it you could barely see the birds.  What are they, stealth doves?  They don't blend into the grass but they sure are nearly impossible to see.  I deleted the picture.



One of the Stella d'Oro lilies had three blooms on it today


and one of the plain old day lilies is still blooming.  I suspect not for much longer.  Such a pretty flower.



Here's an extreme closeup of a sedum flower head.  Pretty soon all those little buds will open and be pink.  One of these days.


The mint in the garden is flowering and is full of bees busily buzzing from flower to flower.  This must be some good nectar or pollen.  I read at the museum that it takes ten bees their whole life to make a teaspoon of honey.  How many bees are in a hive to make all of the honey that comes out of there?  Amazing.

 


Tonight was knit in the park night for Knitting Guild except we met at Zambaldi Beer inside in the air conditioning.  I worked on August toe cap #1.  It's mindless 'knit2, purl2' knitting for when beer is involved.



Today's toss was a pile of old Clearing catalogs and some old writing conference folders.  Into the recycling they went.

The prompt today asked what you'd like a second chance at.  I said sex.  I'm not explaining, you can draw your own conclusions.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Sex? What -- you didn't get it right the first time? I doubt that somehow. Not with that handsome guy you made two incredible children with.