Friday, August 20, 2021

The Roses That Bloom

I noticed when I opened the drapes this morning that Dad's rose is blooming again.  Three blossoms on one cane.  One of the roses has been munched on by Japanese Beetles, I think, because the petals are all dark and lacy but the other two are pristine and they smell, well, like roses.



For the third day in a row I managed to snap a shot of a Hummingbird at the feeder.  Sorry for the repetition but I can't resist them.  I'm fascinated by the little things.


 

Today's toss was a small pile of workshop folders dating from about 14 years ago.  

The prompt today asked what the title of your biography would be.  I decided it would be The Woman in Red and Gray because red is my favorite color and many of my things are that color and gray because I feel like I've gotten dull over the last year and a half.

I've been watching episodes of Grace and Frankie on Netflix the last few days.  I'm seasons behind but I think I'll crank out a little binge of them this weekend.  Finish up a season or two in a couple days.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That super close-up of the rose is incredible. If only I could smell it. The ones from the hot house don't have that wonderful fragrance. And I love that you always give your dad credit for it. Thanks Hank!