Thursday, August 5, 2021

More Bees on Flowers

I love standing by the Purple Coneflowers and watching the bees do their work.  They're so thorough and so busy.  One of these days I'll manage to catch a Hummingbird on the Bee Balm but not today.



There was another single Stella d'Oro lily blooming today.  I like that they haven't given up.



The Black-eyed Susans are a bouquet of yellow and brown.  It's tempting to sweep them up by the armload and bring them in but I'd rather they live as long as possible out on the retaining wall.  If I picked them they'd die in a few days but if I leave them they're good for weeks.



This Downy Woodpecker spent a good long time pecking away at the suet cakes.  It landed on the empty suet pellet feeder first and pecked around the base of it looking for any crumbs before settling for the cakes.


I didn't toss anything today.  I just didn't think of it.

The prompt today said to write about two athletes who are bitter rivals.  Not my kind of story but I tried.  I ended up with two poor sportsmen who bored me to tears.

Today would have been my beloved Durwood's 82nd birthday.  I thought about him a lot today and all the fun times we had.  I miss the old guy.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Those black-eyed Susans are the star of the show today. Maybe you've run out of things to toss. You've been at it for a very long time. Glad you had happy memories of your beloved. You two did have a wonderful life together.