Friday, August 13, 2021

More Birdies

This morning was another good one for seeing different birds.  There was the usual Downy Woodpecker at the suet pellets (which I won't bore you with) but then a pair of Cardinals came to the platform feeder.  I haven't seen a female Cardinal all summer and there one was.



But the bird that I was most happy to see was this Nuthatch that visited and stayed long enough to have its picture taken.  I was even more impressed that the Cardinal tolerated it at the feeder at the same time.  It didn't lunge at the Nuthatch to drive it away.  I wonder why.  All of the House Finches and Sparrows get the lunge treatment.


The Black-eyed Susans are still abloom.  I don't know how long the flowers last but it seems like it's a good long time.  There are flowers on three of the plants and there are smaller plants between them that should flower next summer.  I hope.




This was the lone Stella d'Oro lily blooming today.  


 

 

And the orange tiger lily had a blossom on it today too.


 


I knitted on the Green Dishcloth tonight at Friday Night Knitting but my hands got tired so I quit knitting a little early and just visited.  Cotton yarn doesn't have any give to it so it can be tiring to knit with.  I need to dig out some other yarn.


Today's toss was another two camisole tank tops.

The prompt today said to think of some song lyrics that you misheard and write a story about them.  The one that springs to mind is: "I can see all Popsicles in my way."  (it's supposed to be "obstacles")  So I wrote a little story about someone dropping Popsicles from a box on the sunny sidewalk.  Sticky, and not very interesting.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Glad you got a friendly cardinal today. Maybe because the "little lady" was with him. Braced for Tropical Storm Fred today and hope that's all it is == a storm. We can deal with those. Just don't want a hurricane -- especially with that enormous tree in the front yard.